DJI OM 5 – OSMO MOBILE 5
Upgraded and ultra-portable smartphone gimbal
Transform your smartphone content with the DJI OM 5.
Compact, foldable and portable, this gimbal is the smallest and lightest Osmo Mobile yet, making it ideal for vlogging and capturing footage on the go.
This easy-to-operate solution, with 3-axis stabilisation and a range of upgraded features, helps you capture ultra-steady video content with just a few taps.
Key features include:
- New clamp goes over the smartphone’s case to provide better protection.
- Innovative built-in extension rod provides dynamic shooting angles for unique content creation.
- Additional handle button enables easier control of core features.
- New ShotsGuide provides key tools for new videographers.
- ActiveTrack 4.0 offers enhanced tracking abilities.
- Pro-grade shooting functions, such as gesture control, dynamic zoom, and story-mode templates.
- New magnetic Fill Light Phone Clamp accessory with built-in auxiliary light to add perfect glows to your content.
- The OM 5 is compatible with even more smartphone models, compared to the OM 4. Click here to download the compatibility list.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 5 has an upgraded design, making it more versatile.
- Compact: The DJI OM 5 is palm-sized when folded and is one-third smaller than its predecessor.
- New Clamp: A newly-designed clamp goes over the smartphone’s case to provide better protection.
- Extension Rod: DJI OM 5 also offers an innovative built-in extension rod, which provides dynamic angles and shooting possibilities for content creation.
- Effortless Control: The OM 5 features an extra button on the handle, enabling easier access and control of the gimbal’s core features and functions.
- New Colours: The Osmo Mobile 5 is available in two new eye-catching colours – Sunset White and Athens Grey.
Quality Content Creation
The Osmo Mobile 5 has plenty of features at its disposal to help you create quality content with your smartphone.
- 3-Axis Stabilisation: The gimbal features DJI’s high-grade 3-axis gimbal technology which fully supports walking and sports scenarios to aid super-smooth content creation.
- ShotsGuide: New to videography? Then benefit from the new ShotGuides feature, which provides up to 30 sets of pre-set shooting tutorials and supports automatic editing into one polished video.
- ActiveTrack 4.0: The newly-updated ActiveTrack 4.0 now supports tracking at up to 3x zoom at 5 m/s, and precisely identifies and steadily follows the subject centered in frame, even while in action.
Smart Shooting Modes
Benefit from the OM 5’s suite of professional-grade features and preprogrammed shooting modes to make your content stand out.
- Gesture Control: Use hand gestures to start and stop video recording or to take photos. Ideal for selfies or group footage.
- DynamicZoom: For a visually appealing cinematic look, DJI OM 5 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form (Timelapse); add set movement points for the gimbal (Motionlapse); or physically move with the gimbal (Hyperlapse). All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology, as well as the 3-axis gimbal, for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media.
- Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3×3 panorama, 240°panorama and CloneMe panorama which allows you to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
- Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the pre-set templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 5 uses pre-set movements, music and colour palettes for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
- Glamour Effects: Supports automatic retouching and customised parameter settings. Glamour Effects will be automatically activated when switching to the front-facing camera.
DJI OM 5 (Osmo Mobile 5) Specification
|Gimbal Dimensions||Unfolded: 264.5×111.1×92.3 mm
Folded: 174.7×74.6×37 mm
|Weight||Gimbal: 290 g
Magnetic Phone Clamp: 34 g
|Max Length of Built-in Extension Rod||215 mm|
|Compatible Phone Weight||230 ± 60 g|
|Compatible Phone Thickness||6.9-10 mm|
|Compatible Phone Width||67-84 mm|
|Charging Temperature||5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Operating Time||6.4 hrs (under ideal conditions with the gimbal fully balanced)|
|Charging Time||1.5 hrs (measured with a 10W charger)|
|Gimbal Charging Port||USB-C|
|External Device Charging Port||No|
|Universal Mount||1/4″” Threaded Hole|
|Power Consumption||1.2 W (under ideal conditions with the gimbal fully balanced)|
|Mechanical Range||Pan: -161.2° to 172.08°
Roll: -127.05° to 208.95°
Tilt: -101.46° to 229.54°
|Max Control Speed||120° /s|
|Model||Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0|
|Gimbal Dimensions||Length: 138 mm
Diameter: 32 mm
**Smart device needed but not included